We are excited for the opportunity to host your event. Due to the historic nature of our facility, we have some usage guidelines to safeguard our building and to ensure the safety of our guests. Please review this information prior to planning your event.
- Due to our downtown location, limited onsite parking is available. Public parking is available adjacent to the Thomas. S. Monson Center on city streets.
- The standard business hours for the Thomas S. Monson Center are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. During scheduled events, the building may be opened as early at 7:00 am and closed by 10:00 pm. If you need to make special arrangements to open the building prior to 7:00 am, please contact the building manager at 801-213-8739. A staffing fee between $50-$300/hr will be charged to open/close the building outside of those hours. Saturday rentals are for a six hour period of time. Additional charges may apply for building access on Saturdays outside of the six hour time frame. The Monson Center is closed on Sundays.
- Deliveries to the Monson Center must be made during regular business hours Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Due to limited storage space, please schedule shipments to arrive no earlier than two days prior to the group’s arrival. A charge of $5.00 per package will apply for handling. Packages arriving more than two days prior to the arrival of the group, without special arrangements, will be returned to sender.
- The renter or a representative of the renter will be responsible for all deliveries and pick-ups in conjunction with the event. All items delivered by the vendor or renter must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Any items left overnight for pickup the following day will be subject to a storage/handling fee per day. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis through the building manager.
- At the conclusion of the event the renter must remove all equipment or decorations brought into the facility for the event. This includes all linens, dishes, flowers, plants, balloons and other disposable decorations. An additional cleaning fee of $50.00/hour will be assessed if equipment or decorations are not removed or disposed of properly or if additional cleaning time is necessary.
- Rice, birdseed, confetti, glitter, silly string, candles, sparklers, or fireworks are not allowed at the Thomas S. Monson Center. Bubble solution may be used outside the facility only. Rose petals may be used inside or outside of the building with proper cleanup.
- Nails, hooks, tacks, screws, staples, wire, tape or any other adhesives may not be placed on or in walls or fixtures. Decorations may be hung or attached with zip-ties, soft rope or fishing wire only. Costs to repair any damages or defacement will be assessed to the renter.
- Open flames are not allowed anywhere on the property. Caterers may use Sterno canisters to keep food warm.
- Any signage required for the event must be obtained through the Thomas S. Monson Center.
- The Thomas S. Monson Center is closed on all major holidays observed by the University of Utah. For a listing of holidays, click here.
- Children attending events should be supervised at all times.
- Violations of these regulations will result in an additional fee(s) to the renter and loss of further use in the future.
- In accordance with the Utah Clean Air Act, smoking (including E-Cigarettes) is not permitted in the Thomas S. Monson Center or in the adjacent Carriage House. This includes all 2nd and 3rd floor balconies. Smoking is not permitted within 25 feet of any entrance-way, exit, open window, or air intake of the building. A fine of $250.00 will be assessed to any group in violation of this Act.
- Use of unmanned aircrafts systems requires prior approval from the University of Utah. Please visit https://aux.utah.edu/drones.php for more information. Drones are strongly discouraged on site because of the nature of the policy.
If you have any questions or special requests, please call us at 801-213-8770