Photography is allowed at the Monson Center for personal use only. Photography and video may not be published, sold, promoted, reproduced, or otherwise commercially used without prior permission from the University of Utah.
Use of unmanned aircrafts systems requires prior approval from the University of Utah. Please visit https://aux.utah.edu/drones.php for more information. Drones are strongly discouraged on site because of the nature of the policy.
Wedding, engagement, and other professional photography is permitted at the Monson center only by scheduled appointment to avoid conflicts with other scheduled events. Photography inside the Monson Center will be assessed a $100.00 fee per hour. Photography outside on the grounds is not charged a fee but must still be scheduled in advance. To the extent possible, photography sessions should be scheduled during regular business hours, Monday-Friday from 8 am- 5 pm.
The following rules and regulations pertain to any photography at the Monson Center.
- You may use any paved or gravel surface and grassy areas, but do not block any walkways
- Be courteous and considerate to other Monson Center visitors and employees.
- Please stay out of the flowerbeds, plant displays or mulched areas and do not step between plants.
- Flowers and foliage may not be removed or rearranged for any purpose.
- Existing furniture within the Monson Center may not be moved and please do not move tables, chairs, or other equipment set up for private events.
- For indoor photography, restrooms are available for changing. Do not leave your belongings unattended in the restrooms or elsewhere on the property.
- The Monson Center assumes no liability for loss, theft, or damage to personal belongings or equipment.
- No glitter, sequins, feathers etc. are allowed inside the Monson Center. Please ensure all wardrobes comply with this policy.
- No open flames (candles, sparklers etc.) are allowed anywhere on the grounds or in the building.
- Guests will pay for any damages to the property as a result of the photography session.
Violation of any of the above policies will result in the photographer and guest being asked to leave the property.