Alcoholic beverages may be served at receptions, dinners, and other events at the Thomas S. Monson Center. We take care to adhere to state regulations and be consistent with alcohol policies at other university and educational facilities. Consistent with this policy, we follow these guidelines:
- Alcohol may be served upon approval only. Approval must be obtained from the Vice President over the Monson Center two weeks prior to the event.
- Beer, wine, and liquor may be served in the Monson Center. Red wine is not allowed in the first floor area of the building or on the second floor of the Carriage House.
- The event must be closed to the General Public.
- There may not be a charge for any kind of alcohol beverages served at the event or for entry to the event.
- The third-party lessee must agree to comply with all Utah laws regarding the service and consumption of liquor. The third-party lessee must sign a rental agreement, an alcohol service request addendum and agree to assume liability for any claims resulting from the service or consumption of alcohol at the event.
- All alcohol must be provided and served by an exclusive caterer for the Monson Center
- Any outside events serving alcohol must have a physical barrier